Monday, April 13, 2015

Comfort Foods

We all have one... or ten. A certain dish that makes us feel better even for a moment.

Grilled cheese, tomato soup, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, pancakes, a glass (or bottle) of wine, cake, ice cream, frosting right out of the container...

Sorry to make your mouth water!

We all have our go-to food in moments when we are sad or angry or confused or lost or whatever we are feeling that isn't "happy."

Although I LOVE everything listed above, none of them are the thing my mind goes to when I'm unhappy. I've written about it before and will probably write about it again, and I promise I'm trying to overcome it. However, the first thing my mind goes to in those moments is SODA... fizzy, bubbly, sugary, yummy, burns-as-it-goes-down SODA!

I've done very well today. I sold the Pepsi I had taken to work today with the intention of only drinking it if I had a headache because someone was throwing a fit that the vending machines were empty. I didn't regret it. For lunch, I went to a pizza place for salad bar ONLY and drank UNSWEET tea. (If you live in southern USA, you are probably familiar with the INSANE looks you get when you order tea in any form other than sweet.) When I craved something sweet after work, I shook up a cup of Herbalife Peach Mango Protein Beverage Mix. The stuff is basically protein kool-aid. IT IS AWESOME!

Then, I come home and someone I live with is in a mood. You know... the kind of mood that is caused by one person but taken out on everyone who is NOT that person? Yeah... that kind of mood. My first thought when it is directed at me is "I want a Pepsi." Now, I'm definitely a Coke drinker when I have the choice, but the household prefers pepsi and it keeps me from drinking as many.

Well, I've drank water instead. Water on top of water on top of more water... and it is NOT quenching my thirst because my brain is determined that I will give into this craving. I'm trying to write this to put it out to the universe so I don't give into the craving. I'll be going to bed soon because I have an insane work day tomorrow, and any sugar consumed will most definitely go straight to my waistline. But, it's so hard. I know I can get past it, but it has never gotten easier for me even when I've stopped drinking sodas for months at a time. I always crave it. I always enjoy it. Everyone says that when you stop for any decent amount of time it will taste too sweet when you drink it again. NOT FOR ME! I can tell you right now that my taste buds still throw a party when the fizzy liquid hits them.

This combined with only dropping 0.6lb this week is frustrating me. I KNOW I'm in control! I just want to know when it "feels" like I'm in control?

*Rant Over*

No comments:

Post a Comment