Sunday, September 7, 2014

Small Victories

When I decided to step on the scale this morning, I was very hesitant. My dedication to my nutrition plan has been somewhat lacking. I've made some terrible food/snack choices this week, but I had also made some really good choices with some meals and activity. Needless to say, I had expected to maintain if not gain a little. So, imagine my surprise when I had LOST another 2 lbs. Nope, not a joke. Not an exaggeration to get people interested in products. Nothing of the sort. The truth is I'm down 2 more lbs, which means a total of 27 lbs.

This prompted today's theme: "Small Victories." 

Life is full of ups and down, and as cliche as it sounds, "It's not about the destination. It's about the journey." I have recently started to realize how true that is. So, I've started celebrating the small victories in my life. Today's victory is being celebrated with this:


MY CAFE LATTE SHAKE!

You may be thinking, "Sarah, you have that every morning," and you would be right. However, when you love something as much as I love this particular shake, it feels celebratory no matter what. It's delicious and nutritious. 

Two pounds may not seem like a lot, but when you've struggled with weight as long as I have, even the smallest of losses (whether they be on the scale or measurements) is cause for celebration. Recently, I had not one, but two, interviews for a new job. Have I been offered the job? No, but I celebrated anyway. Why? Because after submitting application after application after application (nearly 20 times) and not getting contacted for any of them, I finally got an interview. Small victory!

So, here's my challenge to you:

This week, I challenge you to celebrate any small victories that you achieve. Be brilliant. Thank the universe or God or your hard work or your own blind luck that something, no matter how small, worked out in your favor! But, most importantly, know that it is YOUR victory! It belongs to you, no one else!


No comments:

Post a Comment